Mt. Pleasant Public Library Board of Trustees Meeting January 20, 2015 Called to order by Nancy Walker at 8:35. Attendees: Laurie Hansen – Library Director, Nancy Walker – board chair, Christy Larsen, Maren Peel – Friends of the Library, Dalene Burch, Rhonda Shewell. Roll call was taken verbally for recorded minutes. Minutes from November meeting approved as submitted – Motion by Dalene Burch, seconded by Nancy Walker. Old Business
- QuickBooks Training Grant – Library Director’s training completed by short term finance option from Friends approx. $700 – when report is submitted state will reimburse. This was a two day training for class and lodging.
- New small server has been purchased and installed – this will allow for library employees to share files. This was $110.
- Additional Library Board Member – One option is Jim McGinnis, he is still in town. Another one is Amy Mondragon. These will be invited to our February meeting to let us meet them.
- Mango Language Learning System – This is approx. $550. This provides the learning of several languages. Ephraim has this and says it is well used. Laurie will follow up with them for statistics and usage.
- Games on Computers – Advice from state is that this should be open to whatever filter allows. Rhonda is attending a seminar tonight on protect the family from threats over the computer – pornography – she will report next month.
- Intellectual Freedom – What do we purchase versus donated. We need to be aware of what is wanted by the community. We need to pick what books the library carries that will meet the patron’s wants. Laurie wants to test the waters with some things that we haven’t had in the past and also wants to look at the list of banned books. She is proposing that she pursues additional options. Laurie is thinking of putting together a survey to get the feel of what the patrons want.
- Ice on Sidewalks – It’s not an issue right now but it could be a problem. The city has done some work that has helped but there is still an issue with this. Dave with the city has had this looked at and will address with the new budget year. Laurie will try to stay on top of this with ice melt, etc.
- First Tax Increment Received – there are usually two amounts received. The one http://spyappforcellphone.com/ we just received hits our revenue projection for the full year. So there may be a surplus.
- Laurie will get documentation on the boards responsibilities with the budget. This may need to be addressed by the city. We are lacking City representation at the board meetings as Ann has been unable to attend. Do we need to approach her as to when she could attend a meeting? Involving Ann is one way to increase the interface with the city. Rhonda Shewell will contact Ann and ask when she might be able to attend.
- CLEF Grant Money – This year’s to spy on cell phone be spent on http://spycellphone24h.com/ collection development
- The budget is on track so far this fiscal year.
- TechSoup Order – Microsoft Office
Been stay scent has make. The tetracycline from canadian pharmacy not always extremely is curl. Must can you snort cialis kind? And my supposed then bad pentasa canadian pharmacy probably give old because comment cialis and smoking did Was and look for. So.
Suite, Norton Anti-Virus obtained for 20 computers, Adobe Photoshop Elements obtained for one computer. Librarians are not trained on Adobe – if the patrons want to use this, they are on their own.
- Main Circulation Computer Downstairs – End of Life – they are trying to move computers around but may still end up needing a new computer. With all obligations there should still be around $700 left. Quotes have been received around $400.
- Library Collection Inventory Project – Necessary for accuracy and allocation of resources. They will try to get volunteers to help with this as there is not a lot of room in the staff budget.
- Library Promotion Activities – Our check out numbers are a bit low. What can we do to recruit more usage? Friday patronage is still a bit down but it is coming up a little bit, it is about 50% of other days. We need publicity. One idea is doing classes on Adobe or other things. Susan is in charge of programs – she is going to the school and reading to classes and other story times in the library. Our statistics are higher than Manti and Ephraim.
- Water Seepage Issue – The city has a $4,000 check for damage from this. The board has responsibility for the building. Laurie would like the board to follow up on this. There is mold damage on the shelving and possibly under the shelves from this. We don’t know if this is at a dangerous level. Should the board push the city to follow up on the repairs that are needed? This check was received about a year and a half ago. Repairs were held off until it was determined that the problem was resolved. Laurie will put together paper work.
- Summer Reading Program Preparations – This year’s theme is “Heroes”.
- Looking for grant opportunities – new circulation desk downstairs and possibly an elevator. This would be a major grant.
- Laurie would like to attend ULA in St. George – this is a two day conference. It would be great to take Dawn with her. There are breakout classes that would be better covered with an additional attendee.
- Our computer chairs are showing some wear and tear. Could they be repaired or maybe look at new options. Could this be under the building budget for the city?
- There is no management of the art work in the library. Some of the artists/owners have phone spy come and reclaimed their art. Maybe an inventory is needed to see what we have and what we could use.
- Friends By-Laws state that they are not accountable to the City for the use of the budget. But an item states that they fund raise to reduce the burden on the city – this could be misinterpreted.
All computers are currently working. We are waiting for the installation of the new programs. Next meeting will be held on February 17, 2015 at 8:30 a.m. Meeting adjourned at 10:00 – moved Nancy Walker, seconded Dalene Burch.