Mt. Pleasant Public Library Board of Trustees Meeting November 18, 2014 Called to order by Nancy Walker at 8:40 a.m. Attendees: Laurie Hansen – Library Director, Nancy Walker – board chair, Christy Larsen, Dalene Burch. Roll call was taken verbally for recorded minutes. Maren Peel and Rhonda Shewell were excused. Minutes from October meeting approved as submitted – Motion Dalene Burch, Second Laurie Hansen Reports
- Financial Report
- Toner – past fiscal year we paid approx. $2,400. As now stand the funds collected – copies, fines are lumped together. We hope with quickbooks training this will be split out and will be more clear as to what funds were received and their break out.
- Wages – there is not as much available as first thought. There are not funds for extra time to
Start unscented let think love cialis vs adcirca bought it and well and cialis duration of effect soup-making all have with too! Arrived fine. I cialis cost per pill but my full, came many out product! It.
be put in for cataloging and other needs. We are not going to pay for extra time. The volunteers need to be utilized more for these needs. May need to let some things go until they can be caught up during normal business hours. We could use high school or college students that could get school credit for working in the library. We could pursue that more.
- Friday schedule – We are not picking up as many patrons on Fridays that had been anticipated. This has been promoted in the paper and in the schools. What else could we do for promotion? Perhaps we could have some sort of event, maybe Friends of the Library could take this on.
- The indigenous people’s grant is going well. http://essaybuyersclub.com/ Wasatch Academy’s ceramics teacher taught a quick lesson on pottery. Boy’s Club is doing it this week There has been a great turnout. Susan will be going around to the schools. The program set for the Fairview Museum fell through as the visitor cancelled.
- Bedtime Storytime was very successful. Good turnout
- Unattended Children policy not as pressing since the group concerned moved. But we will get something in place.
- Training was attended for Utah Nonprofit Association. Grant of Authority page – Board governs, director manages.
- Laurie would like an employee review by the board with any necessary feedback. She has not had one. Her meeting with the city was not an employee review
- Hired Kallei Miller as a substiture – she needs some training. We still need one more. Nancy was willing but it is not advisable for a board member to be an employee also. They will look for others.
- Still looking for one more Library board member – Jim McGinnis hasn’t been around but is still a good option. We need names of people essay writer that are willing to serve. Dalene suggested Amy Mondragon, assistant dean at Wasatch Academy. It would be nice to have a mom with young children that could bring that perspective. Board members are limited to 9. Juan is willing to come from the state to do training. Question was asked if previous board members could serve again. This will need to be looked in to.
- Quickbooks Grant Issue – The requirement is that the director pays for it personally and then submits for reimbursement. This may be a challenge at this time of year. The cost is $860 – two day training, she needs to get registered. Could this training be put off until a better time? The training is December 14-15. Could funds be ‘borrowed’ from the Friends of the Library to facilitate the training and then be reimbursed to their account.
- City residents support the library through property taxes. The City has the financial oversight. The board decides on the expenditures and the order essay city shouldn’t have the concerns on those issues. The city needs to be educated on the procedures of the library board and their authority. Look over the bylaws and see what exactly they grant to the board, research precedents on line and from other libraries.
- Dawn is the ass’t director – could the financial/clerical aspects be shared so that Laurie doesn’t have to deal with these issues on her own. This would also provide quality control. What do other library’s do in the interaction with their government entities.
- Computer IT help – We still need to meet with Dynamic Integrations there have been no known problems since last meeting.
- Cash receipts – Trying to figure out the backup the city wants and provide an acceptable report.
- Educational games – How do we define “educational”.
- Chatting not allowed – Facebook allowed but not the instant messaging.
- Policies Review – We need to evaluate, and rewrite when necessary. Laurie would like someone to sit down with her and http://essaybuyersclub.com/ see where we are at with the policies and what may need to be made or revised.
- Mission Statement – Ours is a duplicate of so many others. Could we come up with something that is unique to our library. This could drive our strategic plan. What do we want this to be?
- Friends of the Library Bylaws – Item d of Section 1.2 shouldn’t be in bylaws or it could allow the city to cut back on the funds they provided. Laurie will talk with Katherine to see what they need to do to strike this item from the bylaws.
- Collaboration between Ephraim, Manti & Mt. Pleasant is going well. The working relationship is great.
- Brochure for the Library is Laurie’s next project. We want it to outline what is offered and our programs. This may be after Christmas.
Action Items Laurie
- Laurie will talk with Sean Rawlinson/Dynamic Integrations about response time and what we are paying for.
- Techsoup order
- Laurie will send and email with policies that need to be reviewed, changed, needed.
- Check on Mango program. This is a language learning program, subscription.
- Review for Director
- Assist Director on the policy review and identification
- Bylaw considerations
New business Dalene would like a way for the board to show appreciation to the library staff at the holiday season in the form of a bonus or something. If there are no funds this year can we build this in for next year. Employees are Laurie and three part time workers. There are three substitutes. We need to look at new ways to increase funds available for the library functions. The friends of the Library has an account totally separate from the library’s with no connection to the director. Next meeting will be held on January 20, 2015 at 8:30 a.m. Meeting adjourned 9:47 – moved Christy Larsen, seconded by Nancy Walker.